1. chromium-plated or other bright metallic trim, as on an automobile.
2. a positive color transparency; kodachrome.
1. to plate, polish, or tan with a compound of chromium.
1. any violent upheaval, esp. one of a social or political nature.
2. a sudden and violent physical action producing changes in the earth's surface.
1. strong or violent change or disturbance, as in a society: the upheaval of war.
2. an upward warping of a part of the earth's crust, forcing certain areas into a relatively higher position than before.
a fortress that commands a city and is used in the control of the inhabitants and in defense during attack or siege; stronghold.
This word easily flows off the tongue. It means a flowing back; ebb.
A paragon is the best of the best of its kind. It can also mean a flawless diamond weighing more that 100 Carats or an unusually large round pearl.
A monoglot is a person who can only speak one language.
The old country word for umbrella. It can also be called a brolly, parapluie, or sunshade. Why do we use 'umbrella' anyways, when we would say, "Do you have your brolly along today, Mrs. Hornes?"
Megalomania describes delusional fantasies of wealth, power and omnipotence. A person who suffers from megalomania is a megalomaniac.
This means the performance of magic. It is a pretty cool word that a lot of people don't know.